Jun 2, 2013

Puff Flower Crochet Bag


Sometimes there gets an idea into the crafty head...

It stays there, getting bigger and bigger...

Until you HAVE to have a go at it..

The idea challenges you, daunts you, teases you and commands you...

You have to drop everything, pick up your hook and yarn scraps...

Hook away at it :)


Browsing thru Pinterest i found THIS and had to try it out..I saw this bag and i had to have a go..I combined the flowers from this bag with this gem of idea from Pierrot Yarns HERE.

The puff flowers are from Mollie Makes can be found HERE.

Altered it to suit my needs a bit..
So you can see, a real lot of mix and match to come up with something i really wanted :)


Stitched it all up to form a small blanket... Don't you think this would have looked cute as a little doll's blanket?

Lined it before making it all come together..


Added a bit of crochet lace to increase the girlie, handmade feel a bit..





And here is my proud, little, cute, handy, girlie, vintage-y, unique bag...

Ta-daaah!!!

Normally when i go out for small errands, pick up my girl from her school, or take the little man out to park in my apartment the only things i carry are my wallet, my house keys and my phone. These cannot all go into my jeans pocket, plus it is tooo hot here to wear jeans now!

So you can see, these things fit cozily into my new bag.


You guys want to have a look at my phone cover? He he he... Love the Russian dolls, aren't they too cute:)

A magnetic button for added cohesive-ness..


My (un)willing model.. She wanted to play with her brother's engineering kit.


 That's it she said and off she ran..


My heart sings tra-la-la-la-la...
When ever i look at my bag!!



Hope you are having a fab weekend and do write in as i love reading your sweet words :)
Love...

xxx




31 comments:

  1. wow that's a beautiful bag and so colourful. loved the lace too. I'm dying to make something similar for myself and use it. Your daughter is so cute I must say :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a lovely bag. Ideal for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cute. Cheery and spring like. Great job . You daughter is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely and colourful bag !! :) love that lace and border !! I too have this oneon my pinterest but never saw how to make. I thought getting this shape might be difficult but it seems simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your bag is really beautiful!!! I love the colors you have used. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very cute bag and I would like it also as a blanket for a doll or a baby. Have a nice sunday.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is lovely. it is great when an idea in your head becomes 3D. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make it sound so simple but I can see a lot of work and inspiration has gone into the making of this bag it has turned out so lovely! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blanket loosk like a bed of flowers. You will make many heads turn while out with this stunner! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a beautiful bag Rajeswari. I love all the pretty, different colored flowers - and the lace you added is the perfect touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!!! I loooooooooove it! Beautiful girl too!
    Kisses from Catalonia!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rajeshwari, what a fabulous bag!!! You are such a great designer! I always remember that you line your projects, and recently I collected some left over fabrics, thinking of making a little purse :) I will give it a go, your purse is too good! Love the puffy flowers and the lace give sit such vintage touch, yea! Well done :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful bag. I like the shape of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. its very very beautiful, i dont have words to express seeing this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love your gorgeous puffy bag. I'm mad about bags and have more than I need but just can't resist this kind of bag. The huge granny bag was the start of it and now I make bags in fabric, knitting and crochet. Hooked is the word I use for my habit! hahahahah! Take care and have a great week! Lu x

    ReplyDelete
  16. so much patience for such a beautiful bag... congratulations my dear, the bag is a piece of art.. i dont know if i will have the patience for this, but to look at it, the desir is back....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice bag and very nice blog.Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That bag is really beautiful! Thanks for the link to the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous work!GOrgeous colors combinations!
    Hope you have a good weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wooow, how stunning is that!! ♥ Your bag is super, really great job, Rajeswari, thumbs up :-))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey,

    Would you like to follow each other..!!!

    Keep in touch,
    beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gosh I know that feeling all too well! This bag is simply adorable. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your bag is soooo gorgeous! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful! Great work, and what a cute bag :) You got featured with this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just joined your site and your bag is beautiful. I have made quite a few bags, but nothing as pretty as yours. love Carol

    ReplyDelete
  26. beautiful! I have some bags in progress too. I love the way you have finished them off with stripes and that's interesting lining too! very nice, Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, this is beautiful, well done! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow this is beautiful, well done! :) x

    ReplyDelete

I am comment friendly! Would love to hear from you guys:)