Sep 27, 2012

Princess Bolero

Hello my beautiful people!

How are you doing today?
Its been a normal week for me. School, kids, house work and hooky time. Things are settling down nicely now. The little miss is off to school for a good 3 hours. I get some breather. Though not much as the younger man is becoming all active now-a-days. Climbs and climbs and climbs some more. He is always up to some mischief and needs constant monitoring with both hands free. Still does not talk much but never fails to communicate his heart desires and gets it done!! Everything is done with pointy fingers now :) I am enjoying that till the time he does not talk and start demanding in louder tones!

Today i am sharing a very special piece of crochet with my lovely readers. This is the first crochet wearable i have ever done. It was done on a trial basis but turned out much better than i expected.


You can find the pattern HERE.
Of-course i modified it :) Also added a different color row, think that just adds life to the entire shrug!

 Here's little miss, modeling it for me and my readers, she refused to wear a garment below. Said she needs "only only sweater"!

This is real close to my heart! Hope you guys liked it!!
 
 My granny patch blanket is coming along, boy it is a huge task! 672 squares!! What was i thinking??? Anyways i am having fun in a relaxing way. The real fun fun begins when i start joining them! I have done 70+ more squares in 2 shades of blue. Now have moved on to peaches and purples. Think i will be out of yarn as i seem to have under ordered. Must rectify that immediately and order some more. Mr Banker better not be reading this, else he will say," more yarn? Why don't you open i shop?" Oh, how i wish:)

Bye of now, happy hooking and colorful crafting. 

Love.
xxx


14 comments:

  1. it's lovely, very clever. I have never attempted anything like this. I do like wearing little crochet jumpers. Usually I find them out thrifting. They are so nice to wear, not too hot. Anyway she looks lovely, nice colour. Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there
    That top is so cute and I'm wondering if I can do one for my grand-daughter as she loves those sort of tops. She's 11 so I'll pop in now to have a look at the pattern to see if it covers 11 yr olds. It looks really smart and I do like your choice of colour.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! You can sure try it for 11 yr old as i think you need to increase the number of stitched between each point!

      Delete
  3. That's a lovely top, little miss looks so pretty in it. 672 squares wow that is going to be one big blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this shrug !! and the pics too !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bolero is very beautiful! And your princess is cute :) ) I hope I can make a bolero someday for my daughter too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am sure you can, it was a very easy project for a first timer as it does not have sleeves and no joining, was done top-down

      Delete
  6. How very very cute! Thanks a lot for posting at Link Your Stuff. Hope to see you again next week!
    Best wishes, Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Olá!
    A modelo é linda, o bolero uma graça!
    Preciso dizer mais? Adorei!
    Bjks
    San Vasro

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful top! I can't believe its your first garment! Well done! Congratulations!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia! Sure helped as it had no sleeves and was a top-down approach.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for adding it to the link party at TwoLuLa!

      Cynthia

      Delete
  9. beautiful!!! i'm also making a vest for my daughter!

    greetings from belgium!
    vietje.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I am comment friendly! Would love to hear from you guys:)