Sep 24, 2012

Half-way mark

Good Monday morning my beautiful people!

How was your weekend? We had a relaxed one here. Just stayed in at home, watched good old television, made and had home comfort food and watched a very well made Israeli movie - Mivtsa Yonatan or Operation Thunderbolt. It is more of a multilingual film and a pretty good one at that.

Little people have been busy, Miss is learning A,B,C's and keeps asking me - Mamma, A is for aeroplane or A is for apple! I tell her both but she doesn't buy it. Teaching kids these days is a learning experience for mothers i feel. ABC's aren't taught the way we learned them. Its all phonics now, so she is learning S A T I P and N for now! Well, i learned it in order and my English is OK!!

So back to what's on my hook now a days. Its this..

More than 300+ granny squares done as of now. Half of them with ends weaved in and i am proud of the weaving in part :)

 Love love love love love again more love the StyleCraft yarn. The colors really make the project. Cannot make my mind as to which color is the best!


We purchased a table-chair set for the little people. My girl is beginning to write and does complain that the other table and chair options aren't good! All kids do deserve their own table n chair set anyways, especially when they start writing and developing their fine motor skills :)

 Just a kick for changing the curtains, purchased an animal safari one to go with the children corner theme!
 All my squares, neatly tucked away, waiting to become a warm blanket. Well just 300+ more to go. I can do it, breathe and i can do it. Well the colors are so lovely, anyone can do it..



Have a great week ahead guys! 
I am off to school now, to pick up my little miss. Take care, be good and keep well. Stay calm and crochet along :)

Love,
xxx




21 comments:

  1. Wow, you are fast! I got sidetracked with my Granny Patches and worked on my goddaughters Birthday/Christmas Present Blanket (that's the bad thing about birthdays in December ;-) Only one gift). But her blankie is also made with Stylecraft Special DK and sooooo warm. Never thought I could love an acrylic yarn that much what with German Acrylics being soooo scratchy!

    Can't wait to see your blanket finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to complete the blanket!:) The square sizes are quite small, how many do you have to make?

    I generally work with sport weight yarn and so the square would be 3 to 4 inches only. Halfway my blanket just gets reduced to size of a cushion as I wander my way into another project ;) you have quite a lot of patience. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preeti! Yes the squares are small, 2.5 inches actually. Need to make about 650+ :) Its for this blanket from Cherry Heart - http://sandra-cherryheart.blogspot.hk/2012/07/giant-granny-patches.html.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's coming along well. Will you make a feature of joining them I wonder. A white background would be nice. Have a good week, Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blankie is coming along nicely! We also made similar and I'm taking it to the beach house next week.
    Today, in South Africa, we have a public holiday - Heritage Day - and many celebrate by having a braai!
    (barbeque)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so THRILLED that Little Miss is learning to read with Phonics. In the states, so many schools have dropped it and the students can no longer sound out words. They are scared to try because they have no phonics skill . . she will be an excellent reader with this background.

    Your squares are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too Paula! Thanks for your kind words as always!

      Delete
  7. Hi !!!

    The granny squares are very colorful and after you assemble them the blanket will look beautiful. Like preeti said you have lot of patience. Keep it up.

    Moushumi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow those squares are so pretty! Can't wait to see when it's finished! Thanks for posting at Link Your Stuff. Hope to see you again next week!
    Best wishes,
    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow.. I can't wait to see the complete version. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty, happy colors! I can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's so organised! :-)
    You chose some great colours!!
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! All inspiration from fellow bloggers :)

      Delete
  12. Nice colours! I'm curious what will be the blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love all those granny squares! Now I remember my own granny squares somewhere in my crochet box and I'm thinking...is it time to unearth them and start making more, more, and more of them?

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must unearth them and make them see the light of day! Nothing more relaxing than hooking granny squares i must say :)

      Delete
  14. By the way, I haven't seen your pattern written?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, the pattern is the classic granny square worked in 3 rounds. You can find a great step-by-step pattern here:

      http://www.purlbee.com/granny-square-project/2007/4/12/classic-granny-square-pattern.html

      Delete

I am comment friendly! Would love to hear from you guys:)