Sep 12, 2012

Granny Square Blanket - Progress

Hello my dear bloggers and friends,

Hope this Wednesday is bright and sunny and all your loved ones are too :) I really like Wednesdays. It's neither like the hectic Mondays nor is it like the relaxed Fridays and weekends. It sits in the middle, just calm, settled in the weekly hum-duns..Neither too frantic but in its own pace and rhythm..

I have been meaning to show you guys the progress i have been making with my Giant Granny Patch blanket. I am so so so loving this StyleCraft yarn and the amazing colors it comes in. Its really beautiful to work with and i am thrilled to bits.


I am done with 4 colors completely and working on the green - Meadow color right now. Isn't it gorgeous. Cant imagine how the blanket will turn out with the addition of the remaining 13 colors.


 The red, green and blue look really good together. Thinking of ordering some more to make sweaters or kiddo blankets.
 Tried stacking them all up for you, but they toppled over. Each ball gives me around 38 squares. So i am almost near the 125 squares mark. 125 of 672 done!!

Realized that i need to yarn in those ends as soon as the square is done. Been diligent with the red and green and will be in future.
What are you guys working on this week and month. Would love to hear from you as always :)

Keep happy and keep hooking!

Love,
xxx

PS : Happy International Crochet day to all my lovely fellow crocheters!

13 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is going to be a beautiful blanket! I love Stylecraft and especially Meadow. Have you got your other colours already picked because Plum is beautiful as is Camel. Can't wait to see the finished article. Well done with sewing in your ends, I always leave mine til last and then regret it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya i know, its very easy to leave it to the end. but believe me, its so much more easy to weave in as you go :)

      Delete
  2. Wow.. It is looking very beautiful. I saw ur many others crochet products in the blog. All are so wonderful.
    Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet colors like candies...:))
    I like your squares so much...:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is good progress. Did you get the yarn from a store or mail order?
    Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a mail order from eBay. Seller name is Sheilaswoolandcrafts.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info and the birthday wishes.

      Delete
  5. All those colors look so pretty together - your granny patch blanket is going to be beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful...colorful ...I'm also making these squares...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am enjoying watching your progress on this afghan. I started a similar one about a year ago and have a bag full of squares, still. You may yet inspire me to at least add to the squares in the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just started the same project with the same yarn :)I'm going by the join as you go method.I got my yarn from Deramores ;pretty prompt service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do they deliver outside of UK? I would have loved to do the join-as-you-go method, but the constraints of changing the yarn color so often with 2 small kids rode over the ease of the method :( It is much easier to complete a square here and another square there for me!

      Delete

I am comment friendly! Would love to hear from you guys:)